Online Books Gods in Alabama Download Free
Mention Books As Gods in Alabama
| Original Title: | Gods in Alabama |
| ISBN: | 0446694533 (ISBN13: 9780446694537) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.joshilynjackson.com/jj/books/gods-in-alabama/ |
Joshilyn Jackson
Paperback | Pages: 320 pages Rating: 3.86 | 20221 Users | 2085 Reviews

Be Specific About Epithetical Books Gods in Alabama
| Title | : | Gods in Alabama |
| Author | : | Joshilyn Jackson |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 320 pages |
| Published | : | June 13th 2006 by Grand Central Publishing (first published April 13th 2005) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Contemporary |
Relation Conducive To Books Gods in Alabama
For 10 years Arlene has kept her promises, and God has kept His end of the bargain. Until now. When an old schoolmate from Possett turns up at Arlene's door in Chicago asking questions about Jim Beverly, former quarterback and god of Possett High, Arlene's break with her former hometown is forced to an end. At the same time, Burr, her long-time boyfriend, has raised an ultimatum: introduce him to her family or consider him gone. Arlene loves him dearly but knows her lily white (not to mention deeply racist) Southern Baptist family will not understand her relationship with an African American boyfriend. Reluctantly, Arlene bows to the pressure, and she and Burr embark on the long-avoided road trip back home. As Arlene digs through guilt and deception, her patched-together alibi begins to unravel, and she discovers how far she will go for love and a chance at redemption.Rating Epithetical Books Gods in Alabama
Ratings: 3.86 From 20221 Users | 2085 ReviewsRate Epithetical Books Gods in Alabama
There are Gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.A quick, entertaining read but not as good as A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty, which makes perfect sense as Gods was her debut novel and A grown-up kind of pretty her latest. I still thoroughly enjoyed this southern story with it's many twists and turns. The author had me smiling throughout, and I thought her main characters we're very well developed. I like adding some "easy" authors to my list toAn excellent southern fiction story. I enjoyed this so much and the writing was awesome. A great ride through back roads and family history. I am definitely going to be on the look out for more of Jackson's books.
Yeah, I'm late to the party on this one. What about it?!So, Arlene is now in her mid-twenties, living the dream in Chicago, in love with a wonderful man and very squeamish to return to her very rural home in Alabama. We don't know all the details for a while but we are very curious. Very curious. In fact, we get curiouser and curiouser. Is Alabama REALLY That Bad?? Ok, I have been to Alabama and frankly, I've never said, "boy what I wouldn't give to live in Alabama!". No offense to those who

This was a debut novel for an author who has written several books since. I'm glad about that, because I liked this one enough to want to read those. I didn't know this was a first book when I read it, and I never would have guessed. The rural Alabama setting was descriptive and realistic. The dialogue was snappy, at times touching, at times had me laughing out loud. The characters were vivid, quirky and had depth. The story itself was a simple one. Centered around a dysfunctional family, their
I was all ready to be blown away by this book--the language, the humor, the structure. It started well, the main character engaged me, and when Lena and Burr started the trip with their games, I had an electric shock of realization that the author was going to play "What's in my pocketses" with the reader. Which she did.But I was disappointed, and I felt the character let me down. I didn't really see Jim Beverly as a rapist. A bad drunk, that I could see, but as presented--well, no. Also I have
After being introduced to Arlene Fleet in Backseat Saints, I was a bit disappointed when the story veered away from her and continued on since I was very intrigued by Arlene and what secrets I knew she had hidden. I was very excited when I found out that Gods in Alabama was about her. Im a little at a loss for words in how to describe this book. Joshilyn Jackson is such a wonderful storyteller. Her books evoke such strong emotions from me and I love getting lost in the rich tapestries she
When I started reading "Gods in Alabama," I realized that it featured one of the characters (Arlene Fleet) from Ms. Jackson's "Backseat Saints," which I read a few months ago. Actually, there were a lot of characters that were in both books. That said, both books were completely enjoyable whether read in the order written (this is Ms. Jackson's debut) or backwards.The story was interesting, surprising at times and quite authentic. I especially liked Arlene and her boyfriend, Burr. Prior to
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.