Download My Name Is Asher Lev (Asher Lev #1) Books Online Free
Details Books During My Name Is Asher Lev (Asher Lev #1)
| Original Title: | My Name Is Asher Lev |
| ISBN: | 1400031044 (ISBN13: 9781400031047) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Asher Lev #1 |
| Setting: | United States of America |
Chaim Potok
Paperback | Pages: 369 pages Rating: 4.21 | 34989 Users | 2644 Reviews
Explanation As Books My Name Is Asher Lev (Asher Lev #1)
Asher Lev is a Ladover Hasid who keeps kosher, prays three times a day and believes in the Ribbono Shel Olom, the Master of the Universe. Asher Lev is an artist who is compulsively driven to render the world he sees and feels even when it leads him to blasphemy. In this stirring and often visionary novel, Chaim Potok traces Asher’s passage between these two identities, the one consecrated to God, the other subject only to the imagination.Asher Lev grows up in a cloistered Hasidic community in postwar Brooklyn, a world suffused by ritual and revolving around a charismatic Rebbe. But in time his gift threatens to estrange him from that world and the parents he adores. As it follows his struggle, My Name Is Asher Lev becomes a luminous portrait of the artist, by turns heartbreaking and exultant, a modern classic.

Mention Appertaining To Books My Name Is Asher Lev (Asher Lev #1)
| Title | : | My Name Is Asher Lev (Asher Lev #1) |
| Author | : | Chaim Potok |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 369 pages |
| Published | : | March 11th 2003 by Anchor (first published 1972) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Classics |
Rating Appertaining To Books My Name Is Asher Lev (Asher Lev #1)
Ratings: 4.21 From 34989 Users | 2644 ReviewsWrite-Up Appertaining To Books My Name Is Asher Lev (Asher Lev #1)
2019 review: I enjoyed this even more the second time. I empathized more with all of the major characters (especially Ashers parents and Asher himself) and found the book to be incredibly emotional. This may be a book I find myself reading every five years or so.2015 review: A rich book that captures the deep joys and sadness of Asher's artistic talent, the complexity of his relationships, and the steadfastness of his Jewish faith. An abundance of information about art in general as well.I've heard good things about Potok's "Chosen" and it sounds like that's his book that most people have read. I enjoyed his style here and I suspect I'll pick up The Chosen to read later. Content/Theme Before commenting on anything else, I need to comment on the theme and content of the book. This book is deeply entrenched in the Jewish culture and has many references that are likely very commonplace to those in the Jewish culture, but were very foreign to me. I got the general meaning of most
Books like this are wasted on the young. Im so glad I was a lazy middle school student and didnt read it because I would have missed most of the meaning and then passed over it now. Though it started slow for me, sputtering out of the gate with 3 stars, it soon picked up speed and crossed the finish line with 5 stars - not because the story was racing, but because my mind was. You will see religiously devout parents through the eyes of a child; you will see the Hasidic Jewish world through the

Chaim Potok is a brilliant author who refuses to write a page-turning book. I can't tell you how many bad books I have finished hoping for a Potok-esque finish...moving depth that justifies the slow pace of his books. This was a book I had a hard time finishing. It was too easily put down and, to be truthful, I didn't even like this book until about 3/4 of the way into it. Now, I emphatically say that it is one of the best books I have ever read.There is so much to say about this book.
PREFACE: I was believed I was first introduced to Chiam Potok my first year of college. I never had to read the The Promise of The Chosen in high school. However after starting on my Potok journey, I realized that the first works I read of Potok's were The History the Jews. His biographical, geographical, historical account of the Jewish race and through travel through time. I read this book before going to Isreal.My all time favorite Potok book is My Name is Asher Lev, this book began my
Interesting and well written fictional biography. The main character is born into the fictional "Ladover" Jewish movement. It is fairly obvious though that "Ladover" stands for the Chabad Orthodox Hasidic movement, today one of the largest Hasidic movements in the world. The main topic is the difficulty of realizing his dream to become an artist painter, without dropping his religious convictions. It is a "feel good" story that manages to avoid becoming too sentimental, and provides interesting
Where I got the book: purchased on Amazon.Asher Lev is born into a strictly orthodox Hasidic Jewish community in Brooklyn in the 1950s. His powerful gifts as an artist become apparent when he is a small boy, and he soon learns that his artistic vision is at odds with a worldview which fears and despises art and puts duty to the family and community as the highest calling.This novel is sufficiently deep that I could spend a long time discussing its themes (sacrifice and atonement being two of the
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.