Free Three Men in a Boat and Three Men on the Bummel (Three Men #1-2) Books Online

July 23, 2020 , , , 0 Comments

Free Three Men in a Boat and Three Men on the Bummel (Three Men #1-2) Books Online
Three Men in a Boat and Three Men on the Bummel (Three Men #1-2) Paperback | Pages: 400 pages
Rating: 4.08 | 3159 Users | 263 Reviews

Identify Out Of Books Three Men in a Boat and Three Men on the Bummel (Three Men #1-2)

Title:Three Men in a Boat and Three Men on the Bummel (Three Men #1-2)
Author:Jerome K. Jerome
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 400 pages
Published:November 25th 1999 by Penguin Classics (first published 1889)
Categories:Classics. Fiction. Humor. Travel

Chronicle In Favor Of Books Three Men in a Boat and Three Men on the Bummel (Three Men #1-2)

Martyrs to hypochondria and general seediness, J. and his friends George and Harris decide that a jaunt up the Thames would suit them to a 'T'. But when they set off, they can hardly predict the troubles that lie ahead with tow-ropes, unreliable weather-forecasts and tins of pineapple chunks - not to mention the devastation left in the wake of J.'s small fox-terrier Montmorency. Three Men in a Boat was an instant success when it appeared in 1889, and proved so popular that Jerome reunited his now older - but not necessarily wiser - heroes in Three Men on the Bummel, for a picaresque bicycle tour of Germany. With their benign escapism, authorial discursions and wonderful evocation of the late-Victorian 'clerking classes', both novels hilariously capture the spirit of their age.

Itemize Books During Three Men in a Boat and Three Men on the Bummel (Three Men #1-2)

Original Title: Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog)
ISBN: 0140437509 (ISBN13: 9780140437508)
Edition Language: English
Series: Three Men #1-2
Characters: Jerome K. Jerome, William Samuel Harris, Montmorency, George (Three men)

Rating Out Of Books Three Men in a Boat and Three Men on the Bummel (Three Men #1-2)
Ratings: 4.08 From 3159 Users | 263 Reviews

Evaluation Out Of Books Three Men in a Boat and Three Men on the Bummel (Three Men #1-2)
If you are feeling nostalgic for the good old days of say, Charlie Chaplin - only British and not American, like pre-Titanic and pre-WWI, when if one were lucky enough to be well off enough not to work and not forced to grow up before the age of say, twenty-five, then this book may fit the bill. It's not something I would have picked up on my own, but for these pages only. I started this as a free Kindle book but felt like I was missing something reading it that way. And was I ever. I picked up

I accept the fact that I am obviously a fascist, an anti British slug, or just plain stupid. I tried for over 9 days to read this book and only got to page 123 before I buried it in the back yard. My wife thought it was wonderfully funny: I thought it was just a waste of time and not funny. What I did enjoy greatly is the Introduction. Enough said.Not a good read.

What a fun read! THis book follows 3 men over 100 years ago who decide to take a boat ride down the Thames River. The second book follows the same men 10 years later on a bike trip through the Black Forest of Germany. Since we lived in both of these places, I found Jerome's descriptions hilarious. The story was simple but was full of tangents ("That reminded me of the time that ...")and insights on life. Here's a long quote I liked from chapter 3: "George said: "You know we are on a wrong track

A heck of a lot of fun for anyone who is willing to skim past the very 1890s attitudes toward social politics.---It always does seem to me that I am doing more work than I should do. It is not that I object to the work, mind you; I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. I love to keep it by me: the idea of getting rid of it nearly breaks my heart.You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that

Three young men are ruminating together on their various imagined illnesses and how much they need a holiday. Together with the dog, Montmorency, they hire a boat and travel up the Thames from London to Oxford and hilarity, as they say, ensues.I found this to be a delightful book, very easy to read, picturesque and hardly dated in the language and humour. While I was reading it, I found it quite striking how it intersperses the comic antics of the protagonists with beautiful descriptions of the

There is such natural comedy in this book that it makes you laugh out loud (even when in public, much to my embarrassment!).There is nothing forceful or overdone about his humor. Jerome K. Jerome takes up some mundane events and adds to them some seriously hilarious angles (pun intended). You sometimes relate to the situations he describes, but are struck by the way he describes it. This book speaks volumes of his wit.3 Men in a Boat describes the journey of 3 British men up the river Thames on

What can I say about this book. It is the funniest, best written comedy book ever to have been written. Sadly it makes all comedic writers, myself included, sound forced, clumsy and gauché.Happily there has never ever been a film adaption that was anywhere approaching the quality of the writing and all have failed to reproduce the gentle mocking humour.This book is a must read, it is more important that you read this book than any other one you could think of especially if you happen to like

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.