Books Download Of Bees and Mist Free
Itemize Based On Books Of Bees and Mist
| Title | : | Of Bees and Mist |
| Author | : | Erick Setiawan |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 404 pages |
| Published | : | August 4th 2009 by Simon & Schuster |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Fantasy. Magical Realism |
Erick Setiawan
Hardcover | Pages: 404 pages Rating: 3.76 | 6910 Users | 1110 Reviews
Representaion Conducive To Books Of Bees and Mist
Of Bees and Mist is an engrossing fable that chronicles three generations of women under one family tree and places them in a mythical town where spirits and spells, witchcraft and demons, and prophets and clairvoyance are an everyday reality.Meridia grows up in a lonely home until she falls in love with Daniel at age sixteen. Soon, they marry, and Meridia can finally escape to live with her charming husband’s family—unaware that they harbor dark mysteries of their own. As Meridia struggles to embrace her life as a young bride, she discovers long-kept secrets about her own past as well as shocking truths about her new family that push her love, courage, and sanity to the brink.
Erick Setiawan’s astonishing debut is a richly atmospheric and tumultuous ride of hope and heartbreak that is altogether touching, truthful, and memorable.

Mention Books Supposing Of Bees and Mist
| Original Title: | Of Bees and Mist |
| ISBN: | 1416596240 (ISBN13: 9781416596240) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.ofbeesandmist.com/ |
Rating Based On Books Of Bees and Mist
Ratings: 3.76 From 6910 Users | 1110 ReviewsWrite-Up Based On Books Of Bees and Mist
I can tell from the overall review scoring on this book (as if I wouldnt know from the book itself) that this will be a book most will be divided into two categories- loved it and found it to be drivel. Put me firmly into the loved it category, please. This book is hard to categorize - one part magical realism, one part fable, one part legend. Its hard to tell the time or place that it takes place but if you are someone who loved the book you can describe the town, its streets, its familiarThis is a great novel to study if you need an example of a painfully plodding storyline which conveys not one iota of emotion to the reader. Really. This is everything NOT to do as a writer. It is one of those novels that you want to give up on after page 5, saying--ugh, how did this thing get published?--but which you finish because you have promised your teenaged daughter (who read it) that you would. There are so few things you share with your teenaged daughter these days, and so you read ALL
This is quite possibly my favorite book ever.I lament the lack of grown-up fantasy novels, but this book delivers on that an so much more. It's more than just, "Look at this cool world I've thought up" and angst-y love triangles tropes that I see in too many of the stories I read. This book has depth, and the fantastic elements are just metaphors made tangible, a world steeped in magic but still filled with real. human emotions.The whole book is permeated by the melancholy of lost love. The

In light of my human bestie just having read this and loved it, and also in celebration of this same human bestie's forthcoming trip to ME (8 days!), I am bumping this review because I loved this book so hard and am feeling the need to 're-read it soon.________This is a very hard book to review, since I don't think I've ever read anything else like it, and I'm not likely to in my lifetime. I don't really know how to describe this book. Others have called it magical realism, a fairy-tale, a
i wish i liked this more, i truly do. it's in the running for best cover of the year, which is of course why i bought it (in hardcover, before reading any reviews of it, and barely reading the flap-copy) but it seemed like my brand of tea - crumbling houses, family secrets, a touch of magic realism. only it was more than a touch. this is basically a fairy tale. which hit me unexpectedly as i was reading. but it's fine, i acclimate to the tone and continue reading... it's just that it's not very
Almost exactly two hours ago, I finished reading OF BEES AND MIST, and Im still in its spell. Normally I am opposed to writing reviews right after I read a book, because often my opinion of a book needs time to sort of marinate. I tend to get fonder of a book the longer Ive had to think, but I have to say, my fondness for this book is pretty darn inconsequential. What matters is that this curious novel has dug its way under my skin in a way I can tell will last for quite awhile. Saying that OF
With its magical elements, non-specific time frame and archetypical characters, this had the feel of a modern fairytale. Like most traditional fairytales, this story told of negative relationships overcome and the victim triumphing. I do not favor this genre of storytelling. It deliberately avoids much of the complexity, subtlety of literary elements and smart dialogue I enjoy. But, I suspect that those who do like this type of book will have a positive reaction to this novel.
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.