Download Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1) Books Online Free

Define Books During Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)

Original Title: Lord John and the Private Matter
ISBN: 0770429459 (ISBN13: 9780770429454)
Edition Language: English
Series: Lord John Grey #1
Characters: Lord John Grey
Setting: London, England,1757(United Kingdom)
Download Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1) Books Online Free
Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 368 pages
Rating: 3.7 | 38937 Users | 1775 Reviews

Particularize Epithetical Books Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)

Title:Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)
Author:Diana Gabaldon
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 368 pages
Published:October 4th 2005 by Seal (first published September 30th 2003)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Mystery. Fantasy

Representaion As Books Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)


In her New York Times bestselling Outlander novels, Diana Gabaldon introduced millions of readers to a dazzling world of history and adventure — a world of vibrant settings and utterly unforgettable characters. Now one of these characters, Major Lord John Grey, opens the door to his own part of this world — eighteenth-century London, a seething anthill of nobility and rabble peopled by soldiers and spies, whores and dukes. Great Britain is battling France for supremacy on three continents — and life is good for a soldier.

The year is 1757. On a clear morning in mid-June, Lord John Grey emerges from London’s Beefsteak Club, his mind in turmoil. A nobleman and a high-ranking officer in His Majesty’s Army, Grey has just witnessed something shocking. But his efforts to avoid a scandal that might destroy his family are interrupted by something still more urgent: the Crown appoints him to investigate the brutal murder of a comrade in arms, who may have been a traitor.

Obliged to pursue two inquiries at once, Major Grey finds himself ensnared in a web of treachery and betrayal that touches every stratum of English society — and threatens all he holds dear. From the bawdy houses of London’s night-world to the stately drawing rooms of the nobility, and from the blood of a murdered corpse to the thundering seas ruled by the majestic fleet of the East India Company, Lord John pursues the elusive trails of a vanishing footman and a woman in green velvet, who may hold the key to everything — or nothing.

The early days of the Seven Years War come brilliantly to life in this historical mystery by an author whose unique and compelling storytelling has engrossed millions of readers worldwide.

Rating Epithetical Books Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)
Ratings: 3.7 From 38937 Users | 1775 Reviews

Assess Epithetical Books Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)
*Sigh*I can't. I got about 60 pages in, but I just don't want to read any more. I'm bored of this story and it's nothing to do with the book. Gabaldon is one of my favourite authors, I love her Outlander series, but Lord John as a character isn't my favourite, and this sort of mystery genre just isn't for me. I am going to keep all the books in this series though, so that in a couple of years when I reread the Outlander Books, I will hopefully decide to try again, so maybe I'll enjoy them. But

Aw, I should probably give it three, but I love Lord John. I was severely dissappointed, however, with the pages upon pages where the "bad guys" just...told us what-all had been going on the whole time. It was done as well as such an info-dumping monstrosity could be done, with a bit of tension in the background and explanations for why they'd do this, and how it was all going down.But still. I expect more from Gabaldon.But if four stars is "really liked it" over "liked it," then it's true. But

The Lord John books are a spin-off from the Outlander series and, based purely on this one, I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy them more than I'm enjoying the parent series.Lord John, a major in the British armed forces, is called upon to play detective in this novel and the result is a witty romp that's lots of fun with plenty of twists and turns.There are a couple of references to the Outlander books in this one, but I don't think you'd be missing much if you haven't read them as this story is

Like many other "Outlander" fans, I've been reluctant to even attempt to read this second Gabaldon series which centers on a secondary gay character first introduced in "Dragonfly in Amber." I was discouraged not only by the average Goodreads rating of 3.35, but by the sheer memory of THE homosexual encounter in "Outlander." I simply didn't feel like going through the same pain and suffering again. But then the 7th book came out ("An Echo in the Bone") and everybody was saying that you had to

Not entirely a success - this book is neither meaty, complex and id-pleasing (like Gabaldon's Outlander series) nor witty and smart (like a successful mystery novel), and ends up mediocre. I think part of the problem here is that Gabaldon's strength is in the epic full of anguish, love, and sex, and this book has none of the first two, and the third is entirely off-stage. She's stuck in part due to the fact that Lord John Grey, the protagonist here, is a secondary character in the Outlander

I really didnt expect to like this book as much as I did, even harboring affection for Gabaldons Outlander books, and especially the character of Lord John Grey, whom I find to be adorable and heartbreaking. The Lord John Grey series is a spin-off of Outlander, following Lord John Grey, a character first introduced in Dragonfly in Amber as a sixteen year old boy who encounters Jamie and Claire the night before the battle at Prestonpans, but hes most prominent (at least as far as Ive read in

I havent read anything else by Diana Gabaldon and I probably never will. When I read it, I didnt know much of the character's backstory - only that he had been a minor character in some other epic adventure. But it sounded intresting and as it turned out, it didnt dissapoint.I picked it up because I wanted to read about a lead that was gay - it was part of the pride festival theme and one of my favourite bookstores had gathered a bunch of their books with homosexual lead characters as a tribute

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.