Books Download Free Dermaphoria Online
Present Regarding Books Dermaphoria
| Title | : | Dermaphoria |
| Author | : | Craig Clevenger |
| Book Format | : | Trade Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 214 pages |
| Published | : | September 8th 2006 by Lawson Library (first published 2005) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Mystery. Noir. Crime. Novels |

Craig Clevenger
Trade Paperback | Pages: 214 pages Rating: 3.64 | 3287 Users | 177 Reviews
Relation Supposing Books Dermaphoria
Bailed out of jail and holed up in a low-rent motel, amnesiac Eric Ashworth's only memory is a woman's name: Desiree. With steadily increasing doses of a strange new hallucinogen, Eric finds that the drug allows him to reassemble his past in broken fragments. But as he begins to lose touch with the present, his distinction between truth and fantasy begins to crumble, creating a world where divisions between love and loss, violence and tenderness, and fact and fiction are less discernible than they ought to be.Details Books To Dermaphoria
| Original Title: | Dermaphoria |
| ISBN: | 1596921021 (ISBN13: 9781596921023) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Eric Ashworth |
| Setting: | United States of America |
Rating Regarding Books Dermaphoria
Ratings: 3.64 From 3287 Users | 177 ReviewsCrit Regarding Books Dermaphoria
I love this man's writing. The words so poetic and the story unfolds like a bad dream, and you get the workings of a man who suffers from amnesia and is starting to get his memory back in chunks, but you can't be certain if any of those flashes are true. Very abstract, like Memento meets Breaking Bad.Chemist designs a new wildly popular street drug that makes your skin feel really good or something, then he has to win back his girlfriend and not go to jail or get killed by his bosses and stuff. "Hallucinogenic" writing that is not as good as his first novel, "The Contortionist's Handbook."
Sometimes I read a book and it's the story that stands out, or even the characters, but in Dermaphoria it is the author who stands out and Clevenger is right there on every page. His observations are so damn sharp. I never wanted to read quickly over a sentence in case I missed a brilliant tidbit. For me, this book isn't just about the character, or about what is or is not real, it was about how we all formulate our ideas of reality and then act accordingly and how much power the people around

Quite a fragmented narrative, which is intentional due to the main characters memory loss, but still makes for a difficuly read at times.The story is a little familiar, maybe even cliched, the guy who can't remember what he's done, and finds out it's worse than he thinks. Some good bits but a lot of jarring moments. Every time it gets going (and it gets in a cool groove quite often) it suddenly cuts back to some nonsensical 'drugs make you think weird thoughts' schtick.The paranoia and bits
If I'm still conscious to face the consequences of my actions, then at the very least I will know that my actions were real, they indeed had consequences, though my lone life will amount to less than a single click of static in the symphony of the big bang. If my actions were real, then so were my memories, and if those were real, the things I've done have allowed me to see God and I0m not afraid of following my life down that eight-second black rabbit hole. A new street drug that has
I loved CC's first book but I found this hard work. Not far off Naked Lunch in its intense, stream of consciousness narrative and not in a good way.
There's some talent here, but too much Palahniuk-Momento-Hunter S.-tripped out diatribe for an interesting story. If you shave off the outer veneer of curiosity and pseudo-mystery, you're not left with much. Clevenger writes well, but the story doesn't really carry; I was left wondering what value I obtained from reading, though my college self would think I was being old.
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.