Download Free A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion #1) Books Full Version

Present Books Conducive To A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion #1)

Original Title: A Voice in the Wind
Edition Language: English
Series: Mark of the Lion #1
Characters: Atretes, Marcus Lucianus Valerian, Julia Valerian, Hadassah
Download Free A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion #1) Books Full Version
A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion #1) Paperback | Pages: 520 pages
Rating: 4.56 | 71939 Users | 3228 Reviews

Narration During Books A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion #1)

“The city was silently bloating in the hot sun, rotting like the thousands of bodies that lay where they had fallen in street battles.” With this opening sentence, A Voice in the Wind transports readers back to Jerusalem during the first Jewish-Roman War, some seventy years after the death of Christ. Following the prides and passions of a group of Jews, Romans and Barbarians living at the time of the siege, the narrative is centered on an ill-fated romance between a steadfast slave girl, Hadassah, and Marcus, the brother of her owner and a handsome aristocrat. After surviving the massacre of her family and the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans, Hadassah is captured and sold to a well-to-do merchant’s family. Brought to Rome, she is pressed into service as a personal slave to hedonistic Julia Valerian. Hadassah struggles to walk in the footsteps of Jesus and to treat her masters in a manner in keeping with His teachings, but she is forced to keep her religious identity a secret in order to survive. Confused and alone, she has only her faith to cling to as she tries to subtly bring God into the lives of her captors. Reckless, impulsive, and villainous, Julia tries to undermine Hadassah at every turn. But Julia’s brother, Marcus, is a different sort altogether. Is it possible for a love between Hadassah and Marcus to flourish considering not only their differing stations in life, but also the gap between Hadassah’s unrelenting faith and Marcus’ lack of belief in anything? Simultaneously, Atretes, a captured soldier from Germania, is forced to become a gladiator. This is the time of Rome’s decline and the decadence of a civilization on the verge of self-destruction serves as a powerful backdrop to the Barbarian’s struggle for survival in the arena.

Identify Containing Books A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion #1)

Title:A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion #1)
Author:Francine Rivers
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 520 pages
Published:March 1st 1998 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published March 1st 1993)
Categories:Christian Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Christian. Fiction. Romance

Rating Containing Books A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion #1)
Ratings: 4.56 From 71939 Users | 3228 Reviews

Crit Containing Books A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion #1)
This book was recommended to me by a friend, who described it simply as historical fiction. This is normally a genre I enjoy and I really, really tried to like it. I didnt realize Francine Rivers was a Christian writer and I am an atheist down to the ground.I nearly didnt make it past the first 10 pages for that reason. With barely a paragraph that didnt mention God or the Lord I struggled to get into the book. I continued to read as I thought I shouldnt be put off just because the book has a

Nothing less than 5 Stars for this beauty!This is such a breathtaking story--so honest and hopeful and humbling. A Voice in The Wind is a Christian Fiction with religious themes that are heavily pronounced. There's no way around them. Religious beliefs, customs, biblical analysis, and Christian theories saturate this story from top to bottom and every crevice in-between. If that's not your idea of fun, than this one may not work for you. This story is long, over 500 pages, and is slowly paced.

I LOVE THIS SERIES! Francine Rivers has done amazing things in these books. What an inspiring character! I just kept finding myself wanting to be like Hadassah. It's hard to love others like Jesus did...more than myself. I am all the time reminded of my shortfalls and selfishness. But, Hadassah reminds me of many of the characters in the Bible. I am amazed by the tough choices that she makes and wondered if I could do the same thing in similar circumstances. The historical aspect of the book is

I read this book back in 2003 and LOVED it. It was possibly one of the best books I have ever read. I never got around to reading the next two in the series, so I am re-reading it now, so that I can continue with the series.***update***Just finished re-reading this and I am so glad I did, because I had forgotten so much of the plot! If possible, I forgot just how MUCH I love this book. I think it is my number one favorite book ever. I can't wait to continue with book number 2, and eventually

This is the first book in a series of three. I read this one and the second one, but not the third. The storyline/characters change in the third and those characters didn't intrigue me like the characters/main theme in books one and two.This is Christian fiction. Francine Rivers came highly recommended and I tried to read a couple of her books on several occassions but just couldn't get into them. That was not the case with this one. It started with a bang and was a page turner until the end. I

I am flabbergasted that this book gets so many positive reviews. The writing is so bad that I can't believe the book was even published. Maybe it's not fair to compare this book to masterpieces like The Color Purple or All the King's Men, but I can find stories for free on the internet that are written better than this. (For example, why describe a direct quote as "terse"? You just told me the whole quote! And surely no book needs the word "sardonic" in it ten times.) I didn't fully appreciate

first read: May 13 to May 18, 2013first reread: January 6-16, 2016This....book.....I couldn't begin to describe to you the emotions this book brings out in me. Happiness, sadness, disgust, anger, love, joy, terror, hate, heartbreak......I just love this book so much. Its not even this book...THIS author, Francine Rivers....her writing is beyond beautiful, and her 'stories' are not just stories, they are filled, absolutely filled with things that really just, make you think. This story takes

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.