Download Free The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks Books Full Version
Itemize Regarding Books The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
| Title | : | The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks |
| Author | : | E. Lockhart |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 345 pages |
| Published | : | March 25th 2008 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Contemporary. Fiction. Realistic Fiction. Teen |
E. Lockhart
Hardcover | Pages: 345 pages Rating: 3.82 | 44236 Users | 5309 Reviews
Narration Concering Books The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Frankie Landau-Banks at age 14: Debate Club. Her father's "bunny rabbit." A mildly geeky girl attending a highly competitive boarding school.Frankie Landau-Banks at age 15: A knockout figure. A sharp tongue. A chip on her shoulder. And a gorgeous new senior boyfriend: the supremely goofy, word-obsessed Matthew Livingston.
Frankie Landau-Banks, at age 16: No longer the kind of girl to take "no" for an answer and possibly a criminal mastermind. This is the story of how she got that way.
Frankie Landau-Banks. No longer the kind of girl to take "no" for an answer. Especially when "no" means she's excluded from her boyfriend's all-male secret society. Not when her ex-boyfriend shows up in the strangest of places. Not when she knows she's smarter than any of them. When she knows Matthew's lying to her. And when there are so many, many pranks to be done.

Mention Books In Favor Of The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
| Original Title: | The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks |
| ISBN: | 0786838183 (ISBN13: 9780786838189) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Frankie Landau-Banks, Matthew Livingston |
| Setting: | Massachusetts(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Michael L. Printz Award Nominee (2009), South Carolina Book Award Nominee for Young Adult Book Award (2011), Rhode Island Teen Book Award Nominee (2010), Florida Teens Read Nominee (2009), Iowa Teen Award Nominee (2011) Lincoln Award Nominee (2011), Cybils Award for Young Adult Fiction (2008), National Book Award Finalist for Young People's Literature (2008), Missouri Gateway Readers Award Nominee (2011) |
Rating Regarding Books The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Ratings: 3.82 From 44236 Users | 5309 ReviewsPiece Regarding Books The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
This review appears on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!Feminism is an important topic, especially for those who unknowingly reinforce these gender stereotypes without realising how it impacts societal attitudes. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks features a character who believes she is feminist, but this is not a feminist book.Frankie Landau-Banks annoyed me to no end. Shes obsessed with her crush, Matthew, and is delighted when he starts taking an interest in her.Frankie Landau-Banks was such a breath of fresh air. I absolutely loved her character and how she questioned literally everything about how boys and girls are treated in relationships and the real world. I was living for the boarding school secret society shenanigans and how Frankie was holding a middle finger up to the patriarchy but in such a brilliant and untraceable way. Every girl, teenage or otherwise, needs to get their hands on this book and enjoy witnessing a man's world get turned
Sleek, smart, artistic and yet very subtle, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks is a very entertaining, very funny YA boarding school story that takes up pranks and secret societies to a whole new level and in the process rightfully condemning patriarchy and proudly raising the flag of feminists. I enjoyed the use of word play so much, the neglected positives. I thought they were really funny. I was very much turbed with the writing because I was definitely not perturbed. Lol. But

Gah, I loved this book so incredibly much, but upon finishing I find myself so RILED UP and ANGRY on Frankie's behalf and I understand her frustrations so fully. The feminist themes in this story were executed with grace and keen wit, and it never felt preachy. I just wanted to reach in the book and hug Frankie and let her know that some day, people on Tumblr would totally understand what she's going through. Her struggles were so real and I just enjoyed it so immensely. Highly recommend.
You need to look past the surface cuteness to see this story for what it really is.- It's about power. The allure of it, the desire for it, the sharp understanding of it.- It's about ambition, unashamed and unabashed.- It's about forcing your way through the doors that are not meant to open for you.It's about the formation of a future astute politician.Meet Frankie Landau-Banks. And so, another possibilitythe possibility I hold out foris that Frankie Landau-Banks will open the doors she is
Frankie is a 15-year-old knockout who graduated so recently from geeky girlhood thats shes still dusting its dirt from her clothes. With her newfound popularity comes a dawning ambition for power. She seeks recognition not just for her looks and smart comments, but for her superior intelligence and ability to do what she wants, even if the way is barred.She became the girlfriend of idolised Matthew Livingstone by falling off her bike, prompting him to gallantly come to her aid. But she doesnt
I may get a few boos for this one. But I couldn't quite like it*. Blame it on the tense. Third person past tense (as far as I can reckon). Or blame it on the expostulating tone, purposefully pretentious and off-putting. A blend of intelligence and condescension. It's not like every page was of this style, but there were little asides by the narrator--I suppose it's the narrator--that just intruded in on the story. Created too much distance for my taste. Added in too much reflection. How does a
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.