Books We the Living Download Free Online
Details Books Supposing We the Living
| Original Title: | We the Living |
| ISBN: | 0451187849 (ISBN13: 9780451187840) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Kira Argounova, Leo Kovalensky, Andrei Taganov |
| Setting: | St. Petersburg, Russia,1922 Russia |
Ayn Rand
Paperback | Pages: 464 pages Rating: 3.91 | 25453 Users | 1321 Reviews
Representaion As Books We the Living
Ayn Rand's first published novel, a timeless story that explores the struggles of the individual against the state in Soviet Russia.First published in 1936, We the Living portrays the impact of the Russian Revolution on three human beings who demand the right to live their own lives and pursue their own happiness. It tells of a young woman’s passionate love, held like a fortress against the corrupting evil of a totalitarian state.
We the Living is not a story of politics, but of the men and women who have to struggle for existence behind the Red banners and slogans. It is a picture of what those slogans do to human beings. What happens to the defiant ones? What happens to those who succumb?
Against a vivid panorama of political revolution and personal revolt, Ayn Rand shows what the theory of socialism means in practice.

Itemize Regarding Books We the Living
| Title | : | We the Living |
| Author | : | Ayn Rand |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | 60th Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 464 pages |
| Published | : | January 1st 1996 by Signet (first published 1936) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Classics. Philosophy. Historical. Historical Fiction. Literature |
Rating Regarding Books We the Living
Ratings: 3.91 From 25453 Users | 1321 ReviewsDiscuss Regarding Books We the Living
Fountainhead was the first book from Ayn Rand that I read. I found it deeply inspirational, book that pushed me to think outside the box. And it talked about one of my favorite subjects, individualism. I thought, Oh my God, what a book. I felt even emotionally exhausted, but in a good way. Then I read Anthem, which I thought was good, but not as Fountainhead. I felt as if Fountainhead was the standard of measuring her work. I didn't think anything can surpass it. But, oh boy I was wrong. IIf you liked Ayn Rands other books, youd like this one too.If you like her politics and enjoy her writing, then this is a must-read because its practically an autobiography.If none of the above applies, then this would be an unpleasant experience.Moved to https://covers2covers.wordpress.com/2...
Ayn Rand has shown in her book such things of the Soviet Russia or I should say here, of dictatorship that are hard to imagine. Even after finishing this book it's characters stayed in my head and kept me thinking about them and the situations they lived in. The differences between the bourgeois (people of middle class) and the proletarians (people of working or lower class) grew wider after the first world war in Russia. And thus began the proletariat dictatorship. As Ms. Rand says this story

Part VIII of a multi-part review series.Anti-communists in early Soviet Russia very astonishingly come to bad end. Introduced by Peikoff, who claims that Rands first novel was, instead of this one, almost set in an airship orbiting the earth (v) which wouldve been kinda cool, except now we have Against the Day, which likely wouldve embarrassed Rands hypothetical effort as much as Solzhenitsyn humiliates this one.Rands own forward contains the normal cacogogic posturing. For instance:Writers are
The one great benefit of reading We the Living is that it encapsulates pretty exactly what Rand spends many hundreds more pages doing in Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead: mainly, hating on the collective, venerating capitalism, and (God help us all) describing how free-thinking women shouldn't be slaves to anyone except their capitalist sexual partners.I find Rand's philosophy beyond problematic, but to my mind We the Living helps explain just how she arrived at the ideas she entertained and
WOW...that's all that comes to mind! A book about life, death, love, struggle and hope when you have NOTHING to live for, to hope for...you just can't stop reading until the very last word and once you're done, you can't wrap your head around it. A must read so you can appreciate how lucky you are...
In the foreword that she wrote for the 1959 edition of her own novel "We the Living", Ayn Rand wrote, "I had not reread this novel as a whole, since the time of its first publication in 1936, until a few months ago. I had not expected to be as proud of it as I am." Well, I'm glad that Rand is so proud of her own first novel. As for me, I am less than impressed.The novel takes place between 1922 and 1926, during the turbulent years after the Bolshevik Revolution. Most histories and novels that I
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.