Books The Pact Download Free

Books The Pact  Download Free
The Pact Paperback | Pages: 512 pages
Rating: 4.01 | 263341 Users | 10004 Reviews

Itemize Books In Pursuance Of The Pact

Original Title: The Pact
ISBN: 0061150142 (ISBN13: 9780061150142)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Chris Harte, Emily Gold, Melanie Gold, Jordan McAfee

Ilustration Toward Books The Pact

For eighteen years the Hartes and the Golds have lived next door to each other, sharing everything from Chinese food to chicken pox to carpool duty—they've grown so close it seems they have always been a part of each other's lives. Parents and children alike have been best friends, so it's no surprise that in high school Chris and Emily's friendship blossoms into something more. They've been soul mates since they were born.

So when midnight calls from the hospital come in, no one is ready for the appalling truth: Emily is dead at seventeen from a gunshot wound to the head. There's a single unspent bullet in the gun that Chris took from his father's cabinet—a bullet that Chris tells police he intended for himself. But a local detective has doubts about the suicide pact that Chris has described.

List Regarding Books The Pact

Title:The Pact
Author:Jodi Picoult
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 512 pages
Published:August 29th 2006 by Avon (first published April 22nd 1998)
Categories:Fiction. Romance. Contemporary. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit

Rating Regarding Books The Pact
Ratings: 4.01 From 263341 Users | 10004 Reviews

Write-Up Regarding Books The Pact
I am probably the only person in the world who HATED this book with such a white hot hate that you almost wonder if it was just the opposite. I'm reviewing it for the sake of Lorelle since it is the book that drew me into the lovely book club that I survived (or survived me) for several fun years.To sum up, I wanted to tell the main character's girlfriend (I've forgotten all of their names, mercifully), to "get over yourself!!" I'm not giving anything away when I reveal that the "pact" of the

I am probably the only person in the world who HATED this book with such a white hot hate that you almost wonder if it was just the opposite. I'm reviewing it for the sake of Lorelle since it is the book that drew me into the lovely book club that I survived (or survived me) for several fun years.To sum up, I wanted to tell the main character's girlfriend (I've forgotten all of their names, mercifully), to "get over yourself!!" I'm not giving anything away when I reveal that the "pact" of the

"He kissed her so gently she wondered if she had imagined it.""To say there had been a loss was ludicrous; one lost a shoe or a set of keys. You did not suffer the death of a child and say there was a loss. There was a catastrophe. A devestation. A hell.""[He] closed his eyes. How could he convey to someone who'd never even met her the way she always smelled liek rain, or how his stomach knotted up every time he saw he shake loose her hair from its braid? How could he describe how it felt when

OMG this book drove me CRAZY!!! But I loved it...lolLet's see...where do I start? I was frustrated with all the characters for different things...Melanie...for burning Emily's diary, which may have helped with the trial, and also maybe she should have told the police about the watch. Also her lack of communication with her husband Michael, and also burning Emily's photos.Michael...for turning to Gus....did not like where I thought that was going to go....thank God it didnt.Gus....for turning to

This book wasn't as good as I'd expected, but what disappointed me more than anything was how much of a jerk Emily was to Chris. Through memories, it's seen that Emily used Chris as a scapegoat for all her wrongdoings in childhood, like stealing a sex book from the local library and drinking alcohol. And then she kills herself and gets Chris implicated in her murder... and it's implied that she hates just about everyone and everything, and that perhaps Chris was just her escape, not her friend.

I liked this better than My Sister's Keeper as a whole, although I have some of the same complaints about it. This author is a master of making you believe in a story that makes exactly no sense and making you care about characters who behave like exceptional idiots*. If I thought about any of it for very long, it was all mind-numbingly stupid. But I have to admit that the story is engrossing and satisfying in the end. PS--this is not a book for the bashful; there's a lot of sex in it, of the

This is a well-written, gripping and thought-provoking novel. The Pact is an extremely emotional tale and it is impossible not to be moved by it. Jodi Picoult writes so well and so beautifully. The book alternates between the past, tracing the history of the two main characters, Chris and Emma's relationship, and the present, as Chris faces an uncertain future. Due to the novel having multiple narrators, the reader gets to see all sides of the story and this adds to the intrigue of the plot.

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.