Books Online Gut Symmetries Download Free

Define Books Conducive To Gut Symmetries

Original Title: Gut Symmetries
ISBN: 0517286939 (ISBN13: 9780517286937)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Jupiter (God)
Literary Awards: Orange Prize Nominee for Fiction Longlist (1997)
Books Online Gut Symmetries  Download Free
Gut Symmetries Hardcover | Pages: 219 pages
Rating: 3.8 | 4321 Users | 255 Reviews

Interpretation During Books Gut Symmetries

Physics seems to have become the new language of love in the 1990s, and Jeanette Winterson is not the first writer to make a major character a physicist. Jonathan Lethem mined similar territory earlier this year in his delightful book, As She Climbed Across the Table, and now Winterson enters the lists with not one, but two physicists populating the pages of her equally wonderful book, Gut Symmetries. If you think about it, physics does make a good metaphor for love, encompassing as it does the principles of attraction, the exchange of energy, and unification. At the center of this meditation on "the intelligence of the universe" and "the stupidity of humankind" are Jove, a married physicist; Alice, a single physicist who becomes his mistress; and Stella, Jove's wife and later, Alice's lover. They meet on the QE2 and from there the three participants in the story take turns telling their versions of it.

Gut Symmetries is a collage of memories, snippets of scientific theory, meditations on abstract concepts like truth, and the events surrounding Jove, Alice, and Stella's affair. This is a book that demands your attention, jumping as it does from one seemingly tangential topic to another; but whereas physics still seeks a grand unification theory (GUT) to explain how everything in the universe fits together, Winterson actually finds one of her own in this satisfyingly complete fictional world.


Specify Containing Books Gut Symmetries

Title:Gut Symmetries
Author:Jeanette Winterson
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 219 pages
Published:March 25th 1997 by Random House Value Publishing
Categories:Fiction. LGBT. GLBT. Queer. Contemporary. Literary Fiction. Literature. Novels

Rating Containing Books Gut Symmetries
Ratings: 3.8 From 4321 Users | 255 Reviews

Evaluate Containing Books Gut Symmetries
Read: February 2018Rating: 2/5 starsIt's so difficult to rate this book because the writing was beautiful and lyrical and evocative, but at the same the plot was so thin as to be non-existent. I was never really gripped by the story and even though I enjoyed it I was never in a rush to get back to it and see what happened next.

Jeanette Winterson's prose is truly a sublime thing. Words of lyrical beauty that wrap themselves about you and move within you, resonant with living colour and poetic meaning. That intense beauty though does somewhat serve to render in starker contrast the one or two minor things of the book that didn't quite sit so well with me. Particularly when it comes to the (sort of) happy ending and the exceptional coincidences that may work in terms of the book are just a bit too neat, and come in too

I feel like the book only started about halfway through - as if for the first half it mainly consisted of saying "I'll tell you a story, just a minute, I'll tell you a story and it's really good and deep and stuff, trust me, I'll get to it in a minute" and then the storyteller sort of fiddled around for a hundred pages and then finally it got on with the actual story but even though it was a good story it didn't always quite meet the build-up and I have no idea why there was a build-up anyway.

ummm i love this book and am about to re-read it."Do you fall in love often?Yes often. With a view, with a book, with a dog, a cat, with numbers, with friends, with complete strangers, with nothing at all. I love widely, indiscreetly. I forget it is myself I am trying to love back to a better place.Some people dream in color, I feel in colour, strong tones that I hue down for the comfort of the pastelly inclined. Beige and magnolia and a hint of pink are what the well-decorated heart is wearing;

This is an intriguing novel in the sense that it often reads as a quantum physics text but always in the service of a larger romantic agenda. If understanding the connection between gravity and love isn't your thang, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. That said, Winterson throws some quality quotes in there that would look good on your fridge or facebook, and this was my main source of enjoyment. If you like Winterson's style, I would highly recommend "Written on the Body" instead.

I forgot I even read this! Which says less about the quality of the book than the reliability of my memory. In any case it was not Winterson's best but still enjoyable. It has the remarkable quality of being a short book though feeling like a much longer and swirling sort of read than it is. My only regret was that I sometimes got lost in the physics-talk, did not particularly engage with Jove's or Stella's back-story, and wished only for more Alice & Stella, because of course, I'm like

For me this book didn't know weather it wanted to be a physics text or the tale of a triangular affair. Readers will touch on some information about quantum physics and string theory. Sort of like "Physics for Dummies" but just when that starts to get interesting the comparisons begin between physics and the affairs.On a plus note, Ms.Winterson can write beautifully.There is more than enough back story. And towards the end, story line twist start coming at you rapid fire."In the 1970's Jove was

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.