Books Download The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre Free Online

Be Specific About Books Toward The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre

Original Title: The Best of H.P. Lovecraft
ISBN: 0345350804 (ISBN13: 9780345350800)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Arkham, Massachusetts(United States)
Books Download The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre  Free Online
The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre Paperback | Pages: 406 pages
Rating: 4.31 | 27734 Users | 655 Reviews

Description In Favor Of Books The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre

“H.P. Lovecraft has yet to be surpassed as the twentieth century’s greatest practitioner of the classic horror tale.”—Stephen King

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.”—H.P. Lovecraft


This is the collection that true fans of horror fiction must have: sixteen of H.P. Lovecraft’s most horrifying visions, including:

The Call of Cthulu: The first story in the infamous Cthulhu mythos—a creature spawned in the stars brings a menace of unimaginable evil to threaten all mankind.

The Dunwich Horror: An evil man’s desire to perform an unspeakable ritual leads him in search of the fabled text of The Necronomicon.

The Colour Out of Space: A horror from the skies—far worse than any nuclear fallout—transforms a man into a monster.

The Shadow Over Innsmouth: Rising from the depths of the sea, an unspeakable horror engulfs a quiet New England town.

Plus twelve more terrifying tales!

Particularize Out Of Books The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre

Title:The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre
Author:H.P. Lovecraft
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 406 pages
Published:October 29th 2002 by Ballantine Books (first published 1963)
Categories:Horror. Science Fiction. Classics. Anthologies. Gothic. Literature. Fantasy. Weird Fiction

Rating Out Of Books The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre
Ratings: 4.31 From 27734 Users | 655 Reviews

Judgment Out Of Books The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre
I felt like a dolt due to the number of words I had to look up, but I'm better for it, and it was worth it.

Note: D has in Canada

Excellent collection of the master of horror! I had read this already back in high school, but I didnt remember much of it. I decided that since there are so many references to Lovecrafts work all over the place (books, movies, games, comics, etc), I should give it a re-read. One of the things I do remember was that it was scary. Its not easy for a book to be scary - movies can easily make you jump, but without the benefit of graphic scenes and loud noises, a book has to do a lot more work to



"The Best of H.P. Lovecraft" is one of the most enjoyable books I've ever read. Also, it was my first time pouring over the works of Lovecraft; but as of now, can consider him to be one of the most talented writers who ever lived. Of all the stories included in this compilation/anthology, I would consider such stories as "The Rats in the Walls," "The Outsider," "The Music of Erich Zahn," and "The Dreams in the Witch House," to be my favorites; and as for some of the stories I enjoyed the least,

This is my first Lovecraft, so I cant judge whether this particular collection has all his best. It did have the stories that were recommended to me as being representative of his work: The Dunwich Horror, The Colour Out of Space, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, and of course, The Call of Cthulhu. I enjoyed all of these. The quality of the other stories was variable.Rather than trying to review the stories individually, Ill just offer a few random thoughts. Yep, now that Ive read the source material,

"There are my 'Poe' pieces and my 'Dunsany pieces' but alas where are any Lovecraft pieces?"-H.P. Lovecraft, 1929 What really makes Lovecraft interesting is the degree to which he was a student of the Horror genre. As his influential essay Supernatural Horror in Literature shows, Lovecraft was a voracious reader who went far afield in his search for interesting Horror authors. If Lovecraft hadn't been such an odd recluse, and instead pursued an academic career, we might not have had to wait a

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.