Books 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos Free Download Online
Be Specific About Of Books 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos
| Title | : | 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos |
| Author | : | Jordan B. Peterson |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Canadian First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 409 pages |
| Published | : | January 23rd 2018 by Random House Canada (first published January 16th 2018) |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Psychology. Philosophy. Self Help. Personal Development. Audiobook. Religion |

Jordan B. Peterson
Hardcover | Pages: 409 pages Rating: 3.95 | 78071 Users | 7453 Reviews
Description Toward Books 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos
What does everyone in the modern world need to know? Renowned psychologist Jordan B. Peterson's answer to this most difficult of questions uniquely combines the hard-won truths of ancient tradition with the stunning revelations of cutting-edge scientific research.Humorous, surprising, and informative, Dr. Peterson tells us why skateboarding boys and girls must be left alone, what terrible fate awaits those who criticize too easily, and why you should always pet a cat when you meet one on the street.
What does the nervous system of the lowly lobster have to tell us about standing up straight (with our shoulders back) and about success in life? Why did ancient Egyptians worship the capacity to pay careful attention as the highest of gods? What dreadful paths do people tread when they become resentful, arrogant, and vengeful? Dr. Peterson journeys broadly, discussing discipline, freedom, adventure, and responsibility, distilling the world's wisdom into 12 practical and profound rules for life. 12 Rules for Life shatters the modern commonplaces of science, faith, and human nature while transforming and ennobling the mind and spirit of its listeners.
Point Books In Favor Of 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos
| Original Title: | 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos |
| ISBN: | 0345816021 (ISBN13: 9780345816023) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://jordanbpeterson.com/12-rules-for-life/ |
| Literary Awards: | Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Nonfiction (2018) |
Rating Of Books 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos
Ratings: 3.95 From 78071 Users | 7453 ReviewsCriticism Of Books 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos
When asked if I would take a leap of faith (pun evident later in review) and read Jordan B. Petersons book, I was slightly hesitant. Surely, I could take something away from this and learn how to incorporate it all into my daily life. If not, I would be able to drum up some interesting discussions with people about the content. Peterson argues effectively that life has become chaotic for most people, as he has witnessed in his profession as a clinical psychologist. His analysis of this chaosI bought this thinking it was a self-help book - it sort of is, but really it's a tour around some of the most important impulses of the human mind. The fundamental insight from this book is that our norms and culture exist for a reason and that attempts to interfere with those are likely to have profound detrimental impacts on society as a whole and individuals who won't know how to relate to other people properly. Sadly, it's all very true.
12 Rules (whittled down from an original 60 something) is about how to improve how you live. Each rule is explained in detail, and Peterson goes into the meaning of each subject philosophically, psychologically, and using varied examples from life. Although far more accessible, 12 Rules follows on from Petersons other book, Architecture of Belief, and examines the mythology, biblical similes and ancient stories, as well as evolutionary systems which, after all, have guided us behaviourally and

I cracked it open only to discover a study of the bible and christian religious stories while expecting a book on psychology, deceiving. Didn't finish it.
Where have all the genuine intellectuals gone? Christopher Hitchens' death in 2011 left a huge gap that nobody has yet managed to fill, though many have tried. If anything, the absence of a voice like his these past years has shown just what a unique and profound thinker the man was. He was a colossus and, sadly for us, all too difficult to replace.The era of Trump, Fake News, and both left and right hysteria demands a Hitchens-esque figure who can rise above it all and tell us what's what, but
I was really prepared to pick up this book with an open mind in order to understand what so many people have found compelling about it. After finishing, I have to say that for the most part I am more mystified than when I began. "12 Rules for Life" is technically what its advertised as, a self-help book with twelve axioms for the reader to follow in order to improve their quality of life. As far as they go, the axioms, which the chapters are named after, are harmless and actually serve as good
First, because of the endless politicization of this man, a couple things to know about me, if you're trying to determine what 'team' I'm on: Stop it. I'm not on a team. I hate teams. I despise identity politics of any kind. Facts are facts and truth is truth regardless of where it comes from, and anything that turns an individual into a 'group' is basically a bad thing in my book (and Peterson's, incidentally). I also think free speech is about the most important thing in a free society. I
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.