Free Eaters of the Dead Download Books Online

Present Based On Books Eaters of the Dead

Title:Eaters of the Dead
Author:Michael Crichton
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 304 pages
Published:August 29th 2006 by Avon (first published March 12th 1976)
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Fantasy. Thriller. Adventure
Free Eaters of the Dead  Download Books Online
Eaters of the Dead Paperback | Pages: 304 pages
Rating: 3.67 | 33947 Users | 1586 Reviews

Narration In Pursuance Of Books Eaters of the Dead

It is 922 A.D. The refined Arab courtier Ibn Fadlan is accompanying a party of Viking warriors back to their home. He is appalled by their customs—the gratuitous sexuality of their women, their disregard for cleanliness, and their cold-blooded sacrifices. As they enter the frozen, forbidden landscape of the North—where the day’s length does not equal the night’s, where after sunset the sky burns in streaks of color—Fadlan soon discovers that he has been unwillingly enlisted to combat the terrors in the night that come to slaughter the Vikings, the monsters of the mist that devour human flesh. But just how he will do it, Fadlan has no idea.

Define Books Toward Eaters of the Dead

Original Title: Eaters of the Dead
ISBN: 0060891564 (ISBN13: 9780060891565)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Ibn Fadlan, Buliwyf, Wulfgar, Ecthgow, Higlak, Skeld, Weath, Roneth, Halga, Helfdane, Edgtho, Rethel, Haltaf, Herger, Thorkel, Rothgar, Sagard, Wiglif
Setting: Scandinavia Baghdad(Iraq)


Rating Based On Books Eaters of the Dead
Ratings: 3.67 From 33947 Users | 1586 Reviews

Criticism Based On Books Eaters of the Dead
So I was watching E.R. on NBC, when in the begining a former original cast member came on (Dr. Benton) and expressed condolences for the late Michael Chriton. What? He's dead? I just sat there and cried. This man takes science and makes it accessible and plausable. If you were to take any of his plots, lets say Jurasic Park, and just look at it; you would at first think "Dino's coming back to earth. Yes, it is absurd in a science fiction kind of way." But as you read on you think, "Holy crap!

I'd been wanting to read this book ever since I found out the movie The 13th Warrior was based on it. I'm a fan of historical fiction and thought this would be right up my alley. It was a decent read, shorter than I expected and better than the movie. I love the blending at the start of real excerpts from an historical document with the fiction of Beowulf. It was short though and could have used a bit more depth to the characters and the various cultures. You didn't really care about any of the

This book was everything I have been looking for lately.Violence? Check.Great story but not overly done background stories nor weighed down by unnecessary details? Check (while I love these things usually, sometimes you gotta take a break).Motherfucking Vikings? Check(I really want to watch this show!!)This book was a lot different than his usual stuff that I have read, but still really enjoyable. Thanks Sarah! :D

Genre: MythologyA very unique way to write a story, Crichton uses a mix of actual historical documentation and personalised fiction to blend two classic stories together into his own work of hitorical fantasy. This book overlaps the stories of Beowulf and the documented adventures of historical writer Ahmed ibn Fadlan and merges them into an original story written in the style of Ibn Fadlan's travelogue. What I think is great about this book is that Crichton ties the history so well together

Adventurous, very Arabian Nights vibe. A normal protagonist, without any gimmicks and an Arab/Muslim hero, a rarity in Western mainstream culture. A Middle Eastern met the Northmen and everyone got along just fine and fought a COMMON enemy. No taunting and no one called anyone an apostate or an extremist. Haha. Take heed.

Let me preface this review by saying Eaters of the Dead is not fantasy. It seems often shelved by people as fantasy, but it is not. There are some fantasy 'themes' eg the story is based on Beowulf, and that is all. A whiff of potential fantasy that is no more than a whiff.I thoroughly enjoyed the book, although I think it should nearly be classed as a novella. That is what I regard it as. The movie The Thirteenth Warrior is a favourite of mine and I was pleased to see it did not drift too far

I dont know if I would have enjoyed this as much if I hadnt been hearing/seeing Antonio Banderas as the narrator, Ahmed ibn Fadlan. I do believe this is one of the rare occasions where I like the movie better than the book. The 13th Warrior is widely panned, but I find it entertaining.This short novel begins on a dry note, but picks up when the Arab narrator reaches the vikings and finds himself drafted, for superstitious reasons, as the 13th member of a group of warriors sent to rescue a

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.