Books Online Download A Little Princess Free
Specify About Books A Little Princess
| Title | : | A Little Princess |
| Author | : | Frances Hodgson Burnett |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Penguin Classics |
| Pages | : | Pages: 242 pages |
| Published | : | February 26th 2002 by Penguin Books (first published 1905) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Young Adult. Paranormal. Vampires. Romance |

Frances Hodgson Burnett
Paperback | Pages: 242 pages Rating: 4.2 | 260563 Users | 6610 Reviews
Narration Toward Books A Little Princess
Sara Crewe, an exceptionally intelligent and imaginative student at Miss Minchin's Select Seminary for Young Ladies, is devastated when her adored, indulgent father dies. Now penniless and banished to a room in the attic, Sara is demeaned, abused, and forced to work as a servant. How this resourceful girl's fortunes change again is at the center of A Little Princess, one of the best-loved stories in all of children's literature.This unique and fully annotated edition appends excerpts from Frances Hodgson Burnett's original 1888 novella Sara Crewe and the stage play that preceded the novel, as well as an early story, "Behind the White Brick," allowing readers to see how A Little Princess evolved. In his delightful introduction, U. C. Knoepflmacher considers the fairy-tale allusions and literary touchstones that place the book among the major works of Victorian literature, and shows it to be an exceptionally rich and resonant novel.
Itemize Books Supposing A Little Princess
| Original Title: | A Little Princess |
| ISBN: | 0142437018 (ISBN13: 9780142437018) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Sara Crewe, Ralph Crewe, Maria Minchin, Ermengarde St. John, Rebecca "Becky" |
| Setting: | London, England |
Rating About Books A Little Princess
Ratings: 4.2 From 260563 Users | 6610 ReviewsCommentary About Books A Little Princess
I went into A Little Princess with a small amount of backstory - Id loved the 1995 film as a child (the protagonist is called Sara...Im called Sara...it was a given Id love it) so I had some idea of the plot and characters. However, I had no idea just how much I would be affected by the story. By the last 50 pages, I was sobbing. A Little Princess is the story of Sara Crewe, who has arrived in London after a privileged life in India as the daughter of Captain Crewe, to start her education at"she was always dreaming and thinking odd things and could not herself remember any time when she had not been thinking things about grown-up people and the world they belonged to. She felt as if she had lived a long, long time."I wished Frances Hodgson Burnett stopped explaining about Sara at this point. Because at this point, I like her already. Because at this point, I wish I read this book when I was a child. Because at this point, I start to think that Sara and I have similarities.Sadly
I really enjoyed this one! I thought it was very uplifting, and I loved the message behind it. I would definitely recommend this book to people of all ages.

Oh my goodness I absolutely adored this! This brought me right back to childhood since I loved the movie as a kid, so glad the book is just as good!!
My mother thought it completely foolish of me to buy a hardcover book and then finish it in one night (these were the days before Harry Potter and, besides, we had enough books in our house, in her opinion). But I loved owning this edition with its gorgeous images and, when I gave it to my younger cousins in Singapore, believing myself ready to part with my childhood attachment to a book I wouldn't ever forget, I did mourn its loss, though I was a teenager by then and studying the dead white
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett is the story of a little girl "Sara" whose fathers bankruptcy and death leave her impoverished, alone, and at the mercy of the evil Miss Minchin, i didn't read the book when i was a child but i loved the animation adaptation of Burnetts book. when I did read it! Meeting the real Sara for the first time it was a completely different experience for me, It makes me feel really old :( Never did she find anything so difficult as to keep herself from
I managed to write an almost-full review of this book. It is here!: https://emmareadstoomuch.wordpress.co...---------------------------I can't believe I'm saying this, but...the movie really was a better story.Maybe I'll go watch that for the millionth time.This book pales in comparison to The Secret Garden, but it was still good. Hard to make an über-wealthy seven-year-old seem great, but this book does it. (Burnett KILLS it with the unlikable characters!) I liked the first half better than the
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.