Books Free Download The Scroll of Seduction Online
The Scroll of Seduction 
Promised to Prince Philippe the Handsome to solidify ties between the Flemish and Spanish crowns, Queen Juana immediately fell in love with her betrothed with all the abandon and passion of her fiery personality. Theirs was one of the most tumultuous love stories of all time.
But Juana, who was also one of the most learned princesses of the Renaissance, was forced to pay a high price for being headstrong and daring to be herself. Those at court who could not fathom Juana as heir to the throne of the most important empire of its day conspired against her and began to question her sanity. Eventually she came to be known as Juana the Mad. But was she really insane, or just a victim of her impetuosity and unbridled passion?
As the novel unfolds, Lucía and Manuel become enmeshed in a complex psychological web that seduces and incites them to relive Juana and Philippe's story, and eventually leads them to a mysterious manuscript that may hold the key to Juana's alleged madness.
I officially give up on this book, after having read more than a third of it. I really wanted to finish it, but it is irritating me more and more as I go on. It is made up of two stories: one in the present (well, sort of, in the 60s) and one dealing with Juana la Loca, queen of Spain in the 16th century. The first is decidedly creepy (I think mostly for the way it's presented, because I have certainly read much creepier things than a relationship between a 17-year-old and an older man and it
The Scroll of Seduction is a very bad story framing a good story. For some reason, Belli felt that she needed to tell the story of Juana the Mad by way of a very creepy 40 something man using using the story to seduce a teenaged orphan. Had he just stuck to the story of Juana, this would have been a great book. Juana's story, told in first person, is engaging with just the right amount of detail to set the stage, but not bog down the story.

A Pretty Cover Can Only Take Me So FarI was very curious about "Juana the Mad" and was looking forward to reading that portion of this story. I wasn't as interesting in reading about the more contemporary seduction of the seventeen year old girl by her adult professor but I thought I would give the book a try anyway.There were things that got in the way of my enjoyment and I didn't finish this book. The seduction part of the story would have been just fine if it weren't for the strange and
I never realized that eroticism and history could mix together and form a very interesting novel. If one wants to have that combination, then this should be the book that one should read.So, what is this about? This is a book written by Gioconda Belli, one of Central America's great writers. This tells the story of Juana La Loca and Philippe the Handsome. Juana is the daughter of Queen Isabella of Spain, while Philippe is from Flanders. The story begins along the time when Juana was arranged to
Gioconda Bellis The Scroll of Seduction weaves together two stories: the life of Juana of Castile in sixteenth century Spain and the story of Lucía, a young girl in 1970s Madrid. Perceptive and extensively researched, Bellis narrative reveals a more human side of the ill-fated queen of Spain through Lucías experiences. Even though Belli does a superb job at redeeming an often-misunderstood historical figure, the story of Lucía and her affair with a much older man does not come across as well.
I adored the story of Queen Juana in this book. The historical information about Spain was absolutely amazing. The Spanish royalty is very foreign to me, but I do find it fascinating. The modern day story of the orphaned student being seduced by an older man and his aunt was strange and uncomfortable for me. The writing was enticing enough.
Gioconda Belli
Hardcover | Pages: 320 pages Rating: 3.72 | 1513 Users | 181 Reviews

Itemize Containing Books The Scroll of Seduction
| Title | : | The Scroll of Seduction |
| Author | : | Gioconda Belli |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 320 pages |
| Published | : | September 19th 2006 by Rayo (first published 2005) |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Cultural. Spain. European Literature. Spanish Literature. Romance. Contemporary |
Representaion In Favor Of Books The Scroll of Seduction
Manuel is a man of many talents; an art historian and professor, he is also an exquisite storyteller. When he meets 16-year-old Lucía on an outing from her boarding school, he offers to narrate a story of dire consequences—that of the Spanish Queen Juana of Castile and her legendary love for her husband, Philippe the Handsome.Promised to Prince Philippe the Handsome to solidify ties between the Flemish and Spanish crowns, Queen Juana immediately fell in love with her betrothed with all the abandon and passion of her fiery personality. Theirs was one of the most tumultuous love stories of all time.
But Juana, who was also one of the most learned princesses of the Renaissance, was forced to pay a high price for being headstrong and daring to be herself. Those at court who could not fathom Juana as heir to the throne of the most important empire of its day conspired against her and began to question her sanity. Eventually she came to be known as Juana the Mad. But was she really insane, or just a victim of her impetuosity and unbridled passion?
As the novel unfolds, Lucía and Manuel become enmeshed in a complex psychological web that seduces and incites them to relive Juana and Philippe's story, and eventually leads them to a mysterious manuscript that may hold the key to Juana's alleged madness.
Specify Books Concering The Scroll of Seduction
| Original Title: | El pergamino de la seduccion |
| ISBN: | 0060833122 (ISBN13: 9780060833121) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Joanna of Castile |
Rating Containing Books The Scroll of Seduction
Ratings: 3.72 From 1513 Users | 181 ReviewsPiece Containing Books The Scroll of Seduction
There were two plot lines....one was fascinating and a great view point of a queen who was declared mad by men. The other.....was extremely uncomfortable and troubling. I would truly give the first plot a 4.5 star.....and the second plot a 0.5 star.I officially give up on this book, after having read more than a third of it. I really wanted to finish it, but it is irritating me more and more as I go on. It is made up of two stories: one in the present (well, sort of, in the 60s) and one dealing with Juana la Loca, queen of Spain in the 16th century. The first is decidedly creepy (I think mostly for the way it's presented, because I have certainly read much creepier things than a relationship between a 17-year-old and an older man and it
The Scroll of Seduction is a very bad story framing a good story. For some reason, Belli felt that she needed to tell the story of Juana the Mad by way of a very creepy 40 something man using using the story to seduce a teenaged orphan. Had he just stuck to the story of Juana, this would have been a great book. Juana's story, told in first person, is engaging with just the right amount of detail to set the stage, but not bog down the story.

A Pretty Cover Can Only Take Me So FarI was very curious about "Juana the Mad" and was looking forward to reading that portion of this story. I wasn't as interesting in reading about the more contemporary seduction of the seventeen year old girl by her adult professor but I thought I would give the book a try anyway.There were things that got in the way of my enjoyment and I didn't finish this book. The seduction part of the story would have been just fine if it weren't for the strange and
I never realized that eroticism and history could mix together and form a very interesting novel. If one wants to have that combination, then this should be the book that one should read.So, what is this about? This is a book written by Gioconda Belli, one of Central America's great writers. This tells the story of Juana La Loca and Philippe the Handsome. Juana is the daughter of Queen Isabella of Spain, while Philippe is from Flanders. The story begins along the time when Juana was arranged to
Gioconda Bellis The Scroll of Seduction weaves together two stories: the life of Juana of Castile in sixteenth century Spain and the story of Lucía, a young girl in 1970s Madrid. Perceptive and extensively researched, Bellis narrative reveals a more human side of the ill-fated queen of Spain through Lucías experiences. Even though Belli does a superb job at redeeming an often-misunderstood historical figure, the story of Lucía and her affair with a much older man does not come across as well.
I adored the story of Queen Juana in this book. The historical information about Spain was absolutely amazing. The Spanish royalty is very foreign to me, but I do find it fascinating. The modern day story of the orphaned student being seduced by an older man and his aunt was strange and uncomfortable for me. The writing was enticing enough.
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.